RE: [aspectj-users] Ajdoc as javadoc doclet

We initially explored that approach.  But the problem is that Javadoc does
not understand AspectJ declarations.  So as far as I know doclets are only
suitable if you want to extend Javadoc for working with plain Java.

Instead we implemented a preprocessing step that takes the AspectJ structure
model and dumps plain Java declarations that Javadoc understands along with
String tags for AspectJ declarations and crosscutting structure.  Then we
post-process the HTML output to stick in the AspectJ declarations and
crosscutting links.

Mik