[aspectj-users] Use null for args in pointcut

Title: Message
Hi *,

I have a problem where I have to extend a pointcut in a super aspect.  The signature of this pointcut is as follows :

protected abstract pointcut subjectChange(Subject s, Object args);

One of the aspects which extends this super aspect does not require the 'args'  parameter.

My overriding pointcut looks like :

protected pointcut subjectChange(Subject subj, Object arg) :

(

call(* Pot.add(..))

call(* Pot.refresh())

)

&& !within(PotObserverUtilTest)

&& target(subj)

&& args(arg);

This pointcut matches the Pot.add method, since it does have an argument.  However the Pot.refresh() method is not advised since it does not have any arguments.  I have to override the abstract pointcut.

Is there any way to get the Pot.refresh() advised in this scenario?  (args = null?)

Any advice gratefully appreciated,

Fintan

are addressed.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of ESB.

Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee
that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained
as a result of viruses.

Back to the top