[aspectj-users] AspectJ with Servlets on Tomcat 5.x

Hello,
I'm using AspectJ capabilities on my web application on Eclipse. I want to add logging functionality. Concretelly, I've created a ControllerServlet that receive all user requests and I want write or log these user actions in my log file. So, I've added an aspect that does it:

*package com.gmsoft.aspects;

public aspect LogAspect {
pointcut doPostMethod (com.gmsoft.ControllerServlet controller, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) : call (void doPost(HttpServletRequest, HttpServletResponse)) && target(controller) && args(request,response); before (com.gmsoft.ControllerServlet controller, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) : doPostMethod(controller,request,response) {
             System.out.println(request.getAttribute("action").toString);
     }
}*

I think that I must modify web.xml configuration file to achieve Tomcat works with Aspects.

Can you help me How I can do it?

Note: In my code I only use Aspects insede Servlets, so I don't use Aspects inside JSP. I say it for help you if is necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Back to the top