[aspectj-users] Re: AJDT/OutOfMemoryError

Brian Ericson <bme@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I added the AspectJ nature to a project which had a single package (with
>a couple of Java files) in "src".  The "bin" directory, however, has
>lots of classes.  Eclipse/AJDT now runs out of memory building (I've
>upped the available to a gig), despite having no aspects whatsoever in
>the project.
>
>Would I be correct in guessing that the weaver is trying to weave
>everything in "bin"?  Can it be forced to disclude everything in "bin"
>not known to be compiled from "src"?

I had a similar "memory" issue.  I solved it by only mentioning the
classes from the project on the inpath.   In your case, I assume you would
want to weave only classes in bin as opposed to weaving even those
provided by the libraries your application depends on.
Hope that helps,

--

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath
e-id: venkateshprasad.ranganath@xxxxxxxxx