Re: [aspectj-users] Matching on parameter annotations

Almost, I want to select annotations that are method parameter annotations, not annotations on the formal types of the method parameters themselves.

I've modified your example slightly to show you what I mean

import java.lang.annotation.Retention;
import java.lang.annotation.RetentionPolicy;

public class AnnotationBinding {
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
public @interface TestAnnotation {
}
public static class Foo {}
public static class Bar {}
public void x(@TestAnnotation Foo foo) {} // error here
public void x(Bar bar) {} // no error here
static aspect A {
declare error: execution(void AnnotationBinding.x(@TestAnnotation *))
: "parameter annotated with @TestAnnotation";
}
}

Wes <wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Eric -

I'm not sure what kind of static checking happens or is possible using @args(..),
but you can staticly pick them out using the method-execution join point signature:

execution(* *(@Annotation *)) // for any method with one parameter so annotated

In the test below, only the annotation-laden shadow x(..) is flagged as an error.
Would that help?

Wes

--------------------- annot/AnnotationBinding.java
package annot;

import java.lang.annotation.Retention;
import java.lang.annotation.RetentionPolicy;

public class AnnotationBinding {
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
public @interface TestAnnotation {
}