[aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.5 runtime and compile time Performance

Title: AspectJ 1.5 runtime and compile time Performance

Hi All,

Iam looking into a design where one of the options is to use AspectJ with Annotations for adding a logging concern. The concern I have is regarding the runtime performance hit this would have due to the usage of reflection in the aspects. The requirement of my design is to log the parameters as well as the annotated method and the class it belongs to. There would be restrictions on how many parameters would be logged and stuff.

Does anybody have any links to the benchmarking data on Java1.5, Windows OS, using AspetcJ1.5?

Thanks,
sc

Back to the top