From: "Debbie Rinkevich" <debbie.rinkevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, Jun-27-2006 9:27 AM
Subject: [aspectj-users] Weaving vs runtime version

All,

I am compiling my aspects and see a warning error because one of the classes in the Pointcut is not defined in Java 1.4 (it is in 1.5) The classpath is set to Java 1.4 version of rt.jar.

My question is, if I ignore the warning, and deploy the aspect to a 1.5 environment, will the pointcut match and be executed?

I’m trying some tests to see what happens, but would feel better with a more definitive answer.

Thanks

Debbie Rinkevich