[aspectj-users] How to explain the fact that some weaved applications run faster than some "non-woven" ones

Hi all,

I'm working on the extraction of a transversal functionnality of a Java application. After doing that, I'm trying to comapre the execution time of some operation before and after introducing aspects with aspectJ.
In most cases, the "non-woven" operations (in the initial application) run faster than the same operations after being woven. The explication should be the fact that I introduced some new treatements or the use of thisJoinPoint (which is treated in a load time, right?)...
But that I could not explain is the fact that the opposite happens as well! Some operations run faster whit aspects! Any help to interpret this? Why and how something like this could happen?

Thanks in advance.
Mouna

Back to the top