[aspectj-users] Using ApectJ for option types?

Hi,

I'm new, to AspectJ.  I recently read the following article, which
indicates that AspectJ can be used to generate compile time warnings.

"AOP@Work: Check out library aspects with AspectJ 5"
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-aopwork14/

More specifically, "Table 1. Aspects for error checking" lists some checks.

Later in the article, "Table 2. Aspects for boilerplate code" shows
how an exception can be thrown when null is passed to a public method.

This got me wondering if AspectJ could be used to generate compile
time warnings for null parameters.  Compile time warnings of the
sophistication of the Nice language would be ideal, but that doesn't
seem very likely.  Still, some warnings would be better than none.

Nice Option Types
http://nice.sourceforge.net/manual.html#optionTypes

Has anyone on the list ever explored this?

Thanks,
Curt

Back to the top