[aspectj-users] VerifyError: is this a bug?

I'm developing an application that uses the Versant Open Access 4.0.3 library for JDO-based persistence. I've recently been experimenting with the Gemini framework:

http://www.e-nspire.com/portal/content/section/4/35/

This is my first experience with aspect-oriented programming, so I have very little knowledge on the subject. I've been successful in annotating my code and getting it to compile using the AspectJ compiler. My problem comes when the JDO tool runs its class enhancer:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/releasecleveland/business/Photo, method: setBannerAd signature: (Lcom/releasecleveland/business/ BannerAd;)V) Illegal type in constant pool
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:2232)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Class.java:1715)
at com.versant.core.metadata.ClassMetaData.getDeclaredFields(VOA 4.0.3 --------:1304)

The invoking code in the Versant tool is simply

Field[] fa = cls.getDeclaredFields();

so I suspect the issue lies with AspectJ. Previous posts have suggested that a VerifyError is in general a bug... is it, and if so, what should I do? Thanks in advance.

Back to the top