Re: "Humane Pointcut Languages" [Was: Re: [aspectj-users] AW:Pointcuton a constructor with a custom @Annotation]

Nick Lesiecki wrote:
I have to admit that Dean's proposal looks appealing. Pre-aspectj 5, I could easily parse 90% of PCDs. With the addition of annotations, it's become much more difficult to ascertain what patterns and modifiers apply to what part of the pointcut. For some PCDs, it's simple, for other's it's become much much harder. Note that one of the number-one complaints about AspectJ I hear from new users is the density of the poincut language.

Nick

Thanks for your support ;) By the way, I wrote up a summary of my ideas on my blog: http://blog.aspectprogramming.com/

dean

--