[aspectj-users] Re:

FYI: using my aspect as is, and it does look proper, I get
IllegalMonitorStateException inside my tests. Pulling out the aspect
and putting the same code in place manually does not. To me, this
means that something is going on inside AspectJ-generated code that is
not correct.

I also found that AspectJ puts an instance variable and interface on
EVERY class, regardless of whether the class actually contains a
@ReadLock or @WriteLock annotated method. It should be able to
statically identify the classes that can possibly be affected, and
only weave those classes.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind