Re: [aspectj-users] Re: [NEWSDELIVER] Re: AJDT 1.3.1 makes Eclipserun out of memory

Hi

I tried to experiment with it and closed my only WTP project and I still got the OOM.
During the experiment I closed all my AJ enabled projects and I could open all the small project (few aspect and few classes), but when I open my largest project (containing the entire domain model and services) I got OOM's.
At that time I didn't have the WTP (Web project) enabled.

The reason for my OOM's was the Eclipse didn't react to the memory settings from the eclipse.ini file and therefore had  a max heapsize of 64M
I experimented with starting it using java -jar startup.jar with different memory settings.
With 756 MB of max heap I ran into PermGen OOM.
With 128 MB as max permgen I don't experience OOM's anymore.

However, our application has also started getting Permgen OOM lately (after several restart of Tomcat and with default permgen space) and I believe it started around the time I changed to the newer AspectJ builds which should decrease memory usage.
The application uses Spring 2.0 M3 (with AspectJ transaction handling and injection), Hibernate 3.1.3, Stripes 1.3 beta 1 under Tomcat 5.1.16 on JDK 1.5.0_06. All weaving is done at compiletime using the AJDT.

/Jeppe

Matt Chapman wrote:
Is everyone who is experiencing these problems using WTP? There seems
to be several issues with the combination of AJDT + WTP at the moment.

Matt.