Re: [aspectj-users] (very newbie question) Logging exceptions

This prints the exception as it is thrown from any method-
execution:

  aspect A {
    pointcut pc() : execution(* *(..));
    after() throwing (Throwable t) : pc() {
       t.printStackTrace();
    }
  }

It will print the same exception for each
dynamically-enclosing method, so you'd want to skip
duplicates (and probably narrow the pointcut a bit).

The AOP@Work article on library aspects has 31 ready-to use
aspects.  Take a look at "ObserveThrown" or
"ObserveThrownContext."
  http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-aopwork14/

Wes

(And probably in many others - google?)