Re: [aspectj-users] AOP-JSR - some prevision?

True - we prototyped a weaver in the JVM here at BEA - mostly to avoid common bytecode issues no tied to AOP or AspectJ but to bytecode manipulation in general. The article you refer describes that in detail.
Pushing things thru a JSR for future VM implementation (for wide adoption and to avoid extra effort for framework/product like AspectJ to ship 2 versions one using this, one generic) would require to have Sun on board - and then we 'd need to make the case that this brings something significant to approaches such as bytecode instrumentation (JSR-163), APT, and Jackpot (this last lab-technology seems to become quite popular within Sun).

What advantages would you see in having this weaver support in the VM as described in the JRockit article for example? What would that bring to AspectJ going forward?
FYI I'll give a talk at AOSD next week about this JRockit weaver technology.

Alex