From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adrian Colyer
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 3:09 AM

To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] RE: [aspectj-dev] IDEA and AspectJ

Since they plan to support the JDT compiler (so I believe), integrating AspectJ should be easier in the future. Short term, I think the best quick win in IDEA might be to have an APT tool that uses the weaver APIs to parse and highlight errors in @AspectJ annotations, (I think Alex Vasseur first floated this idea last year, and an APT validator for @AspectJ annotations would also be generally useful in situations when ajc / ajdt is not being used to compile @AspectJ aspects). Of course, that's still a long way from the ideal situation in IDEA, but it would be a step forward...

I think it was by the time of the first releases of the OpenAPI. The
package contained a lot of completely empty javadocs, and 4 or 5
examples. I remember that after a while, Hani has blogged about it
;-).

Probably meanwhile they improved it and things are better now. IMO
such an attempt would definitely need some support from core IDEA
devs.

cheers,

./alex
--