[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [aspectj-users] problems with load time weaving and rmi communication
- From: "Ron Bodkin" <rbodkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 16:36:05 +0000 GMT
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Importance: Normal
- Sensitivity: Normal
Thilo you might try my experimental optimized memory profiling AspectJ build. It is bundled with the Glassbox Inspector at glassbox.com
It improves memory usage dramatically for us
I'd be interested in how it works for you
Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.
From: Thilo Focke <thilo.focke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:05:49
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] problems with load time weaving an
d rmi communication
Hi Matthew and Andy,
1. The memory usage when using RMI without the aspect ist absolutely constant and in acceptable ranges (about 30-40 MByte). The memory usage increases permanently when using the aspect. When using the aspect on code without RMI communication the memory usage is constant (about 100MByte).
2. I´m using AspectJ 1.5.0, released on 20th December, 2005
3. My aop.xml looks like this
<!DOCTYPE aspectj PUBLIC "-//AspectJ//DTD//EN" "http://www.aspectj.org/dtd/aspectj_1_5_0.dtd">
<weaver options="-proceedOnError -noWarn -Xlintfile:META-INF/Xlint.properties">
Thanks a lot,
Can I ask some questions:
1. What is the memory usage when you use RMI but not the aspect?
2. Which version of AspectJ are you using? We have made some enhancements
recently in memory usage.
3. Do you use -verbose in the weaver options of aop.xml? If so could you
post it. I think the problem might to do with creating lots of class
loaders, each with a weaver and the accompanying footprint.
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx
aspectj-users mailing list