Re: [aspectj-users] problems with load time weaving and rmi communication

Hi Matthew and Andy,

1. The memory usage when using RMI without the aspect ist absolutely constant and in acceptable ranges (about 30-40 MByte). The memory usage increases permanently when using the aspect. When using the aspect on code without RMI communication the memory usage is constant (about 100MByte).

2. IŽm using  AspectJ 1.5.0, released on 20th December, 2005

3. My aop.xml looks like this

<!DOCTYPE aspectj PUBLIC "-//AspectJ//DTD//EN" "http://www.aspectj.org/dtd/aspectj_1_5_0.dtd";>
<aspectj>
    <weaver options="-proceedOnError -noWarn -Xlintfile:META-INF/Xlint.properties">
        <include within="my.package..*"/>
    </weaver>
    <aspects>
        <aspect name="MyMonitor"/>
    </aspects>
</aspectj>

Thanks a lot,
Thilo

--------------->

Thilo,

Can I ask some questions:
1. What is the memory usage when you use RMI but not the aspect?
2. Which version of AspectJ are you using? We have made some enhancements
recently in memory usage.
3. Do you use -verbose in the weaver options of aop.xml? If so could you
post it. I think the problem might to do with creating lots of class
loaders, each with a weaver and the accompanying footprint.

Cheers

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top