Re: [aspectj-users] How to remove aspectjrt.jar runtime dependecy while using AspectJ

In addition to Andy's comment note that having aspectjrt.jar on the classpath in no way means you are not running under a "normal VM". The situation is no different to any other class library you might use in your application and also need to put on the classpath. No weaving or anything of that nature happens at runtime, and there are no special JVM requirements for running aspectj applications.