Re: [aspectj-users] Anyone seen this???

Looking at the weaver message, my guess is to why this is happening is
as follows:

You have a pointcut including a clause of the form

  target(com.salmonllc.html.HtmlText)

(actually you have a binding version of that, but the type is the same).

The code being woven calls "int
org.apache.catalina.util.xml.SaxContext.getDebug()". The weaver is
trying to evaluate the target expression against this method call.

Now we both know that SaxContext is very unlikely to implement /
extend HtmlText, but there's no way for the weaver to know that. So
it's trying to look at the parents of SaxContext to see whether this
target clause matches or not.

You can either put SaxContext on the classpath so the type can be
resolved, or ignore the warning message by setting
"cantFindType=ignore" in your xlint.properties file (or the blanket
xlint:ignore).

As a general note, any message that contains [Xlint:someString] can
have it's severity individually controllable as ignore/warning/error
via the xlint file..., the property in question being "someString".

-- Adrian.