[aspectj-users] java.lang.VerifyError on Sun VM 1.4

Hi,
I am having trouble using LTW with AspectJ 5. I am trying to achieve this on
a Sun VM 1.4 with Weblogic SP3. As AspectJ does not support LTW on Sun VM's
in application servers I am using Alex Vasseur's patch that achieves LTW
using AspectWerkz  prepared bootclasspath method.

http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/avasseur/archives/001140_aspectj_5_load_tim
e_weaving_with_java_13_using_aspectwerkz.html

The application is a WAR and I have defined a aop.xml that is placed in
war.WEB-INF/classes/META-INF folder. The aop.xml contains the following

<aspectj>
      <aspects>
		<aspect name="net.sf.infrared.aspects.aj.StrutsAspect"/>
      </aspects>
</aspectj>

The Struts aspect has the pointcut defined as
			execution(public *
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet+.*(..))
			|| execution(public * javax.servlet.Filter+.*(..));

On starting up the server it tries to weave in the aspect and I get a
java.lang.VerifyError the trace of which is given below.

<Feb 7, 2006 6:37:48 PM IST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101165> <Could not load
user defined filter in web.xml:
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: net/sf/infrared/aspects/aj/StrutsAspect,
method: <clinit> signature: ()V) Stack size too large
        at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.init(Unknown
Source)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$FilterInitAction.run(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:6479)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubjec
t.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.registerFilter(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:2936)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.initFilters(WebAppServletCont
ext.java:2907)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServle
tContext.java:3205)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.preloadResources(HttpServer.java:694)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebService.preloadResources(WebService.java:483)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInitService.resume(ServletInitService.java:
30)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemManager.resume(SubsystemManager.java:131)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:966)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:361)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

Any pointers to why this occurs would be great.

Environment Details

App Server : Weblogic SP3
VM : Sun 1.4.2
AspectJ: 1.5