Re: [aspectj-users] around advice for constructor pointcut

Hi -

Ron's right, but I suspect you need to use call(..).

The return type of constructor-execution is void, but the
return type of constructor-call is whatever type is
being constructed, so use

  Foo around() : call(Foo.new()) { ... }

If caching more than one type, use Object:

  Object around() : call(Foo+.new()) { ... }

The compiler will be ok and the AspectJ runtime will do the
right thing when the type is correct, but you can get
runtime ClassCastException if you return the wrong type
for that join point.

See also
  http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/faq.html#q:initializationjoinpoints
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/faq.html#q:adviseconstructors