Re: [aspectj-users] weaving among several aspectj projects in eclipse

On 12/01/06, gilbert.gao@xxxxxxxxxxx <gilbert.gao@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I created several aspectj projects in eclipse.  Sometimes, they need
> to weave into each other. When I put them into one  eclipse project,
> they compile and weave correctly. However, when I  separate them into
> different projects, I get errors, such as duplicate  method introduction.
> I am using eclipse 3.0.2, ajdt 1.2.1 and java  1.4.2_06. I am wondering
> how I should set up my projects so that I can  compile them as they are
> in the same project. Does the order of  compiling different projects
> matter in this case?

Hi Gilbert,

There are several different ways of connecting projects together and
weaving aspects across projects. The "Managing multiple projects"
section of this article might provide some useful tips:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-aopwork9/

I'd say it is usually best to arrange your projects in a strict
dependency order, which defines the compilation order, and for the use
of aspects to follow the same order - e.g. the aspects from project A
are woven into project B, but not the other way round.

Regards,

Matt.

Back to the top