[aspectj-users] Can we intercept Web Services?

I tried the following, I dont know whether it should
work or not.

I have one of the sample
services(samples/userguide/example3) that come with
Axis up. And its running fine. If I write an aspect
like:

public aspect IntMyService {
	before() : call (public String serviceMethod(String))
{
		System.out.println("Before typed message");
	}
}

and recompile the classes using ajc, and then if i run
the client, should the aspect intercept? I tried doing
it and it did not work. Can anyone check this.

Since Axis is in java and i have access to the code as
well. I think this should work.