Re: [aspectj-users] Weaving already loaded classes

Mohan

My personnal opinion:
This is actually an attempt from the JSR-163 folks to solve the
complex problem of multiple weaving that I and others had raised 2
years ago. Retransform is aiming at handling the non retransform
capable agents (see the agent manifest doc)

Sadly, this is really going into hell (see also the tricks to rename
native method and making sure native pointer to the native impl.
beehind are kept in sync by the VM - needed f.e. to do an around like
advice on a native method execution - required by some profiling tool
vendor out there) while we have demonstrated what could be done by
forgetting about bytecode and moving things into the VM directly.
See our standpoint on that f.e. in
http://dev2dev.bea.com/pub/a/2005/08/jvm_aop_1.html (shameless plug)

Alex