[aspectj-users] the use of inter-type declaration for extending a class

Hello,

As I know, in AspectJ there's a declaration like below, with A and B are classes
    declare parents: A extends B;

My question is: is there any real use of this kind of declaration? I think to change A's parent, we have an easier choice: change directly in class A's definition. Is there any reason why we should use this AspectJ declaration ? I hope the AspectJ authors have a reason to think of this declaration.

A small example would be very good.

I desperately need the answer for this question, any help would be greatly appreciated.