Re: [aspectj-users] pointcut on Thread.run()

You can't advise execution join points (for which the shadow is) in a
java..* package. However, if you have your own types implementing
Runnable, a pointcut of the form:

pointcut  run() : execution(* Runnable+.run());

can be used to match the execution of the run methods in your Runnables.