[aspectj-users] pointcut on Thread.run()

I am trying to define a pointcut on Thread.run() so I can catch the thread when it is called from java.util.concurrent.* (ie from one of the ThreadPooling classes). It would appear that this is not exposed (I am using LTW). Am I mis-understanding something?

Those classes are not exposed to the LTW infrastructure, no matter the configuration of the aop.xml file(s):

  • All org.aspectj.* classes (and subpackages) - as those are needed by the infrastructure itself
  • All java.* and javax.* classes (and subpackages)
  • All sun.reflect.* classes - as those are JDK specific classes used when reflective calls occurs

Thanks

Debbie Rinkevich

Back to the top