Re: [aspectj-users] STILL a compilation error with generics

> Andy you are the man!
>
> Indeed the 4th case is even more interesting :-). I haven't tried it yet, but the case 3 (the
> originator) is working. Thanks a lot!

I thought you would find case 4 interesting ;)

> To finish this thread I have 2 more questions:
>
> 1/ is it possible to break AJDT if I am just overwritting the aspectj jars in its distro, with the
> ones built by myself?

If you simply splat aspectjtools.jar over the
org.aspectj.ajde/ajde.jar file in AJDT, you will pick up the latest
fixes in AspectJ but things will break in AJDT in subtle ways,
probably things like code completion/etc - I can't say for certain but
it will be unpredictable.  You need to use the build.xml in the ajde
plugin to create an ajde.jar from some input aspectj build.

> 2/ the aspectjweaver.jar built on my machine contains under the package: org.aspectj.apache.bcel
> duplicate .class files.
>
> I remember that before 1.5M4 this problem was reported about aspectjrt.jar. Now I am seeing it here.
> Is it something I am doing wrong?

Sounds like a bug, please raise it.  I've not been checking whats in
each jar lately.  If you are just doing 'ant clean' 'ant build' in the
build module - you arent doing anything wrong, thats all that I do.

> 3/ on my machine I ahev installed both a 1.4 and 1.5 JVM. The default is the 1.5. In the
> local.properties there are 4 entries, like: java11, java13, java14, java15. I must define all of them?

You don't need them all - for building you just need 15.  the build
machine uses the others for testing.

Andy.

Back to the top