Re: [aspectj-users] compilation error with generics (possible bug?)

Sorry Andy. I have probably explained wrongly. The piece of code in the Bean was meant to proove it is Java valid.

Than I have failed to explain that the Bean class should be empty and the aspect would declare an LongIdentifiable ITD.

To clarify this is the code I am trying to write:
[code]
public interface Identifiable<T> {
   T getId();

   void setId(T t);
}

public interface LongIdentifiable extends Identifiable<Long> {}

public class Bean {}

public aspect IdentifiableAspect {
     declare parents: Bean implements LongIdentifiable;

     private Long LongIdentifiable.m_id;

     public Long LongIdentifiable.getId() {
         return m_id;
     }

     public void LongIdentifiable.setId(Long id) {
         m_id= id;
     }
}
[/code]

thanks again,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

#: Andy Clement changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  11/16/2005 11:10 AM :#
I see, so you've changed Bean since the original post in this thread -
that explains it.  I've just changed what I'm running against HEAD and
it fails in the way you describe. I will take a look now.

Andy.

#: Andy Clement changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  11/16/2005 10:36 AM :#
>> 6/ Questions:
>>  the CVS isn't updated immediately or does it work rather like the SF CVS which is
>> updated after a few hours
>
> If accessing CVS as anonymous, you may be seeing a mirror that hasn't
> updated yet - however I'm surprised if the fix for your bug that I put
> in over 24hours ago isnt in your latest extract.
>
>> why there is "no source information available" reported in the error?
> usually that only happens if there is missing debug info or you are
> binary weaving - I don't know why in this case here  but given that
> the error message is bogus anyway, I didn't investigate.  It is
> possibly because the method 'Long LongIdentifiable.getId()' doesnt
> exist in the source, it exists in the class file for LongIdentifiable
> because it implements a parameterization of Identifiable.
>
> You can tell if you have an up to date copy of aspectj - does it have
> your test program in it?
> You will find it in the tests module 'tests/java5/generics/bugs/lists/*.java'
>
> I've built AspectJ this morning and compiled and run your program no
> problem - I hope the version I'm working with is similar to what you
> are working with.
>
> Andy.

I have found the test there. However there is big difference between the code I have submitted and
the one there:

[original-code]
public class Bean
}
[/original-code]

while:

[cvs-code]
public class Bean implements LongIdentifiable {

   public Long getId() {
     return null;
   }

   public void setId(Long t) {
   }

}
[/code].

It looks like I am correctly updating and using the last CVS version, so I am wondering if the above
is the reason the test works for you and not for me.

I appreciate very much your effort Andy. It is decisive to me to pass over this start and be able to
convince the team that AspectJ is the thing we need.

thanks again,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.