RE: [aspectj-users] LTW and instrumentation

Pascal,

Certainly using ASM allows you to generate code which _may_ offer a runtime performance advantage. However you will be doing assembler programming by proxy. Is this the kind of code you or your colleagues want to be maintaining and debugging in 6 months or a year's time?

Chained agents are problematic: everyone wants to be first. Agents that come later see join points created earlier in the chain. However according to the documentation you can specify multiple agents.

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Please respond to aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:        aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx