From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pascal Felber
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:39 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aspectj-users] LTW and instrumentation

Hi,

I have an aspectj application that uses LTW (aspectjweaver agent) to weave
aspects at load time. In addition, I have to instrument some of my classes
along the same lines as described at
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-cwt06075/index.html
(functionality that cannot be added using AOP). Instrumentation is performed
using ASM and I am currently using a java transformation agent. The problem
is, I haven't been able to used both agents (aspectjweaver and my own agent)
at the same time. I would like my agent to get a chance to instrument the
classes before they are (or right after they have been) processed by the
aspectj load-time weaver. Is that possible? Does aspectj allow custom
instrumentation of classes during the weaving process?

Thanks,

Pascal