From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mathieu LEMAIRE
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:34 AM
To: ML aspectj
Subject: [aspectj-users] Garbage collector behavior

I'm implementing a framework to profile our program execution, that is,
memory consumptions, durations...
I use aspectJ (LTW mode) to instrumentate my classes.

Here is my problem..
I got memory issues when using aspectJ, comparing to a mode where I
instrumentate my classes directly in the code (aspectJ is completely
removed from this mode). Using aspectJ, memory consumptions of my
program are much higher than without using it (eg 120Mo > 70Mo). Also
profiling garbage collections, it seems that the GC collects much more
when aspectJ is off (eg 4.5s > 2.3s).

Do you have any clue for that to happen ?
thanx !
--
LEMAIRE Mathieu