Re: [aspectj-users] Exposing Arguments to Advice

#: Wilkerson, Cory changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/25/2005 1:33 AM :#
Hello All,

I'm fairly new to the world of AspectJ - quite fond of it thus far -
but, I've hit the wall WRT a particular issue; here's to hoping that a
wise AspectJ-sage can get me through.
In short, I'd like to be able to write a pointcut that looks something
like the following:

pointcut sendTransaction(TransactionManager tm, String foo):
execution(* TransactionManager.sendTransaction(String, ..)) && target(tm) && args(foo);

Instead, based on my limited knowledge, I'm having to write (Note
argument "bar" in this example):
pointcut sendTransaction(TransactionManager tm, String foo, String bar):
execution(* TransactionManager.sendTransaction(String, String)) && target(tm) && args(foo, bar);

I know that's probably crazy-talk but just wanted to ensure that if I
plan on exposing the arguments of a method to the advice, it's an
all-or-nothing scenario.

Thanks for any help,
Cory Wilkerson