Re: AW: [aspectj-users] Overriding pointcuts

Sven,

You need to make your Logging aspect extensible. What interface does it present to sub-aspects. Just as with classes you cannot expect to arbitrarily extend aspects that have not been designed correctly. Try the aspects below. Also I have changed target to this which is the convention when using execution.

abstract public aspect Logging
{
        protected abstract pointcut loggedMethod ();

        private pointcut defaultLoggedMethod () :
                execution(* Fifo.Put(..));

        private pointcut log(Fifo fifo) :
                (defaultLoggedMethod() || loggedMethod())
                && this(fifo);

         before(Fifo fifo) : log(fifo)
         {
                  System.out.println("---> Fifo method called");
         }
}

public aspect ExtLogging extends Logging
{
//                 pointcut log(Fifo fifo) : Logging.log(fifo) || execution(*Fifo.Get(..));
//                 pointcut log() : Logging.log(Fifo) || execution(* Fifo.Get(..));
                 protected pointcut loggedMethod () :
                         execution(* Fifo.Get(..));
}

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Please respond to aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:        aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx