Re: [aspectj-users] newbie needs help configuring

Andy,

Hopefully these questions won't seem too silly:
1. The @AspectJ syntax requires Java 5 so I assume you are using that to run AXIS?
2. Have you tried static weaving your application and testing it either outside (JUnit) or inside AXIS that way?
3. Could you post the LTW log or a least the interesting part of it?

I have successfylly tried you testcase with my own simple Service class:

info weaving 'com/myco/Service'
info weaver operating in reweavable mode.  Need to verify any required types exist.
weaveinfo Join point 'method-execution(void com.myco.Service.main(java.lang.String[]))' in Type 'com.myco.Service' (Service.java:6) advised by after advice from 'com.myco.MyAspect' (MyAspect.java)
Service.main()
info weaving 'com/myco/MyAspect'
info weaver operating in reweavable mode.  Need to verify any required types exist.
info processing reweavable type com.myco.MyAspect: com\myco\MyAspect.java
info successfully verified type com.myco.MyAspect exists.  Originates from com\myco\MyAspect.java
Aspect logXyPath was called

Cheers

Matthew Webster
AOSD Project
Java Technology Centre, MP146
IBM Hursley Park, Winchester,  SO21 2JN, England
Telephone: +44 196 2816139 (external) 246139 (internal)
Email: Matthew Webster/UK/IBM @ IBMGB, matthew_webster@xxxxxxxxxx

http://w3.hursley.ibm.com/~websterm/

Please respond to aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:        aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx