[aspectj-users] Slimmed down jar for just command line weaving?

I am looking for a way to package a smaller sized jar to do binary-only weaving of jars. We want to distribute as small a jar file as possible, and have decided to use a weave on install approach for this project. Clearly most of what we need is in aspectjweaver.jar, but not all. It’s pretty important for our needs to have something more like the 1.5 megabyte aspectjweaver jar rather than the nearly 8 megabyte aspectjtools.jar

Has anyone packaged such a thing? Is there a small set of jars from the raw aj-build/jars that could be put together to support this requirement?

Ron Bodkin

Chief Technology Officer

New Aspects of Software

w: (415) 824-4690