[aspectj-users] Re: Re: newbie-load-time weaving

Hi Alex, I finally made it work with Java 1.4 with the instructions you posted on the blog, thanks a lot!  But after all that worked, I wrote a really simple HelloWorld.java class, with just a main method printing "Hello World", I could use javac to compile it, but when I use "java" directly to run the class file, it gives me error:
    "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld"
Seems like all the main programs that I could execute with "java" command before are now throwing this error.  Has my class loader been permanently modified?

I was also confused about how LTW works.  Basically you mentioned in the sample that the "awaj-boot.jar" is the result of originally ClassLoader being modified by your own implemented version of ClassPreProcessor.  But from what I understand you pass the ClassPreProcessor name as an argument to JVM, same as the "awaj-boot.jar" file, that's after the awaj-boot.jar has already been created.... how was the preProcessor class visible while creating the asaj-boot.jar file?

Thanks a lot for your kind time and help.  I have to say that this project really fascinates me! :)

Sent from the AspectJ - users forum at Nabble.com.

Back to the top