Re: [aspectj-users] newbie-load-time weaving

#: Joanne (sent by Nabble.com) changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/4/2005 11:41 AM :#
Hi, I'm a newbie to AspectJ and I've just been able to get my first HelloWorld aspect application to work with compilation and post-compilation weaving.  Now I'm trying with the load-time weaving, however I am totally confused now....  I read the "AspectJ 5 load time weaving with Java 1.3" instructions written by Alex, which is not the same way with what's described on the eclipse.org documentation, with the aop.xml etc.  So what is the right way to do this?  If anyone has successfully used the loadtime weaving on java 1.4, can you please give me some pointers on this?  From my understanding we need to put the "aspectjweaver.jar" in classpath as well as the modified META-INF/aop.xml file which has the aspects definition, but I'm not getting a complete picture.... Please help....  Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Joanne!

What JDK are you using? In case you are using JDK 1.5+ than what is published on the eclipse.org site must work.

In case you want to do the loadtime weaving with the latest AspectJ distro and using a JDK prior to 1.5, Alex Vasseur has published 2 very interesting posts about how to do it:

[1] http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/avasseur/archives/001121_aspectj_aspect_and_java_13.html
[2]
http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/avasseur/archives/001140_aspectj_5_load_time_weaving_with_java_13_using_aspectwerkz.html

Again, these will gonna work ;-).