Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT code help

#: Weng Kong Lee changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/2/2005 3:24 AM :#
Hi all,
 I'm trying to use the AJDT Eclipse Plugin to explore AspectJ. I found that
the AspectJ editor doesn't seem to support code help. In the Java editor,
you can use Ctrl-Space to display a list of available methods/properties/etc
that you can use at a particular point of your code, and this is in fact
automatically invoked whenever you type ".".
 Does AJDT do something similar, but it needs to be turned on at some
configuration somewhere?
 Thanks!
 Lee Weng Kong

The auto-completion proposals are still available with the combination you mentioned: Ctrl-Space, but AJDT is under heavy development so this feature is not so complete as its brother java auto-completyion proposals (in fact the last item in the popup is saying: Note: limited AspectJ support).

I don't recall AJDT having a special editor preferences dialog which will allow you to customize the Auto-Activation. Also it doesn't seem that AJDT is using the Auto-Activation settings specified in the generic Java -> Editor -> Code Assist preferences.

However, I think that for the moment Ctrl-Space should serve you `enough´ information to allow you to continue working ;-).

cheers,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.