[aspectj-users] error message: "can't determine precedence..."

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compile a simple test in Eclipse 3.1 using the latest build of AJDT for that version of Eclipse.

I have a "before" advice and an "around" advice that apply to the same pointcut, and capture the same context (which is the integer argument of a method). Whenever I remove one of them, the code compiles and the other advice works correctly; when I try to compile the code with both, I get the message "can't determine precedence between two or more pieces of advice that apply to the same join point".

I sort of understand the precedence problem with that construction, but how could I fix it? How could the precedence be resolved if both pointcuts reside in the same aspect?

Regards,

Eduardo Cordeiro

Back to the top