[aspectj-users] AJDT, iajc ant task and BCException

                          Hi!

  In a project I build part of the stuff on command line (w/ ant) and
jar it. These jars are used in an AJDT project. I kept getting
BCExceptions, which I found out were caused by incompatible ajc versions
between AJDT and iajc ant task. (BTW - why can't it be called
ByteCodeException or something else that is more descriptive?). So, I
just took care to use the same ajc build in both eclipse and ant and
everything worked like a charm.

  Now I thought I'll finally update to AspectJ5. I ran into trouble as
latest AJDT uses AspectJ version: 1.5.0.200509261148, which is
incompatible w/ AspectJ 1.5.0_M3a. And AspectJ build 1.5.0.200509261148
did not seem to be available in the aspectj download page.

  I recalled from some earlier mail on the list that the iajc ant task
is included in AJDT, so I dug into that and actually found it, but it
depends some eclipse classes which I really would not like to drag into
my ant build.

  So finally, the question is: could it be possible to include in AJDT
builds the corresponding aspectjtools.jar as well as the aspectjrt.jar
(which is already included). This way it would be easier to keep ant and
eclipse build environment living happy together.

  Or does anybody have any other ideas how to solve this?

       -Antti-

Back to the top