[aspectj-users] what is the semantics of ".." in methodnames?

Hi all,

it is syntactically possible to specify a ".." within a methodname. Does it have any semantics or is it ignored?

(BTW: I know the semantics of ".." for type patterns or typeslists)

Example:

public class Main {
    new main().myXYZMethod();
  }
  public void myXYZMethod() {
    System.out.println("method");
  }
}

public aspect MyAspect {
  pointcut pc(): call(* *.my..Method());
  before(): pc() {
    System.out.println("advice");
  }
}

I expected the result to have in this examples the same behavior as if I would have specified a methodname "my*Method" with the output:
advice
method

Thanks,
Stefan