Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT Intertype bug????

Here is another one:

I am using:

Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.1.0
Build id: I20050627-1435

Eclipse AspectJ Development Tools

Version: 1.3.0
Build id: 20050907105507
AspectJ version: 1.5.0 M3a

I have the following aspect that for some reason does not see my intertype declation correctly see below for an example:

package com.tascon.tim.sofia.aop;

public aspect SofiaJspTableRow {
    private DataStoreEvaluator JspTableRow._dsEval = null;
/** * Use this method to bind this component to an expression in a DataStore
     * @param ds The DataStore to bind to.
     * @param expression The expression to bind to.
     * @see DataStoreEvaluator
     */
public void JspTableRow.setExpression(DataStoreBuffer ds, DataStoreExpression expression) throws Exception {

           // RRD: Error on this line because it can not see _dsEval

        this._dsEval = new DataStoreEvaluator(ds, expression);

           // RRD: Error on this line because it can not see _dsEval

    }
pointcut generateHtml(JspTableRow row) :
        execution(public void JspTableRow.generateHTML(..))
        && target(row);
void around(JspTableRow row) throws java.io.IOException : generateHtml(row)
    {

             // RRD: Error on this line because it can not see _dsEval

        if (row._dsEval != null)
        {
            System.out.println("row._dsEval is NOT NULL.");
        }
        else
        {
            System.out.println("row._dsEval is null.");
        }
        proceed(row);
    }
}

Any reason why this might be the case? Please note this advice is being woven into an external JAR file, but I have other inter-types that work fine.

Ron