Re: [aspectj-users] VerifyError: bug or newbie error?

Congratulations to the new Dad!

Thanks for the pointers.

John

Adrian Colyer wrote:

That's a bug in the @AspectJ style support. I'm not sure how recent
the AspectJ build inside the AJDT 1.3.0 dev builds currently is, so it
*may* be fixed already in the AspectJ tree (Alexandre Vasseur, who has
been implementing that support has just become a dad for the first
time so I can't easily contact him to be certain - congratulations
Alex, hope you don't mind me telling the world ;) ). Please file a bug
report anyway and I'll test this out in the AspectJ tree.  As a
workaround, a code-style aspect doing the same thing I would expect to
work without any problems here, you might also try fully-qualifying
the thrown exception type to "java.lang.RuntimeException" in the
commented out piece of AfterThrowing advice (untested, but another
possible workaround given the likely causes of this bug).

Back to the top