Re: [aspectj-users] Refactoring with pointcuts...

       declare error :
               execution(void *.nodeSelected(Node))
               : "Refactoring problem!";

/will/ actually do what you need. Although the execution join point
only happens at runtime (obviously), the compiler is smart enough to
realise that a given method declaration will give rise to a matching
execution join point when executed and gives you the match (resulting
in this case in the error message you're looking for).