[aspectj-users] Using AspectJ in an Eclipse Application?

Hi all,

First, I should apologize for what's probably a _really_ stupid question (or at least one that's been answered countless times before).

Anyway, if I haven't lost you yet here goes:

Suppose I'm trying to use AspectJ in the context of a simple HelloWorld plugin (you know: the one that adds a button to your toolbar that runs a sample action that opens an Info message). My aspect does something imaginative like print
something to the console when the sample action fires:

public aspect Test {
	before(): execution(public void *.SampleAction.run(..)) {
		System.err.println("got it!");
	}
}

But no dice.

Obvious question, probably, but what's the trick? I've fussed with various aspectj project options but haven't stumbled across the right thing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-phil

Incidentally, I'm using Eclipse 3.1 (Build id: I20050627-1435)

and as for AspectJ, I've tried:

Version: 1.3.0
Build id: 20050812155128
AspectJ version: 1.5.0M2