Re: [aspectj-users] Load time weaving for AspectJ 5 on Java 1.3/1.4

Yes it is, but the process is slightly different. The compiled aspects
(jar f.e.) are just placed along in the classpath, and you then
provide a <somepath>/META-INF/aop.xml in the classpath as well that
list the aspects to be used by the LTW weaver (that is "<somepath>"
appears in the classpath in this case)
This sort of packaging can further be applied to deployed application
(f.e.. have the aop.xml file in a webapp only etc).

There is thus no need for a -Daj.aspect.path, but there is a need for
an aop.xml file in that case. You may read more about it there
http://eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/next/adk15notebook/ltw.html

The -Daj5.def is a non official option that allows to point explicitly
to an aop.xml as if it was in the system classpath - we tend to use
this one in the test suite f.e.

Alex