[aspectj-users] applying aspects on a big Java Project

Hi,

We've got a big java application (ca. 1700 java classes), and I wanted
to apply some architectural rules on it, in order to check the code,
using aspects. But, transforming the app into an Aspect-Project, runs
the IDE (eclipse 3.0.2) into OutOfMemoryException.
Does someone have an idea, how I could overcome this problem ?

In fact, a good solution, if it were possible, would be to let my Java
Project as it is, and make an aspect project relying on the first one,
to give me the errors and warnings I expect out of my rules. Is that
possible ?

Thanks in advance.
Bye,
Dragan