[aspectj-users] AspectJ and rmic generated stubs and skeletons.

Hi,

I have a code base of some 1000+ classes (web-application).

I have written an aspect LogginAspect that uses log4j to log into a file.

Using ant+ajc I have compiled the entire codebase is logging is happening where ever it needs to happen.

Now in the same ant build.xml I generate stubs and skeletons of one of the rmi Impl classes.

I make a jar file of this stub and the impl class (earlier compiled with ajc) and distribute it to a third party so that it can connect to my RMI server.

First I received a no exceptionjava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature.

So I supply the aspectjrt.jar to be put into the classpath of the third party.

Even after this I receive the error “java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/xxxxx/xx/xxxxx/aspect/logging/LoggingAspect

So I supply this file as well to the third party. So now my distribution jar now contains

Impl classes+ generated stubs+aspectjrt.jar+LoggingAspect.class+log4j1.2.8.jar

Is there is better way to do this please?

I don’t want the third party to have any dependency on my aspectj classes. Please! Please! Please! Help me.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Subhro.

Back to the top